Friday 3 August 2012

Freedom

"Freedom is instantaneous the moment we accept things as they are"

Karen Maezon Miller

For a long time my life was filled with the opinions of others, I was surrounded by pity, compassion, by mistrust and disbelief. Did people respect me? Was I a valid human, just lying here some days and doing nothing for myself? Was I right to act this way? If I followed some suggestions, just getting out of bed would mean I could climb a mountain. Others thought I was capable of almost nothing.
I've spent a long time discovering the truth. Accepting my truth and realising an acceptance is difficult, but in some ways it is the doorway to freedom, the doorway to recovery.
Acceptance is a struggle everyday, but when I find it, I encounter self-belief, confidence and a trust in the path I have chosen. I find freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment