Monday 6 August 2012

Dream Number Three

am walking!
Every Sunday afternoon, on holiday, two or three evenings a week, because I want to walk. I walk to see the joy around me, the nature, the wildlife. My husband has an amazing memory, knows butterflies and moths, insects and spiders (not personally, just enough to identify the species!)
To put on a thick waterproof coat and hiking boots, a rucksack with flask and gloves and know I can go out with the intention of coming back on my feet will be amazing. The thought that I might want a warm shower, or a collapse on the sofa, but not create exhaustion and pain for three days to follow will be even more amazing.
I have always loved walking, as you may remember from another post.(link) The feeling of fresh air in my lungs, freedom and a chance for solitude. Walking to get groceries is something totally different. Where I live this cannot be done without seeing someone to stop and have a chat, smiling and saying "good morning". As nice as that may be, solitude with exercise is definitely necessary. As much as this can be achieved in the garden, thought needn't go into a familiar walk other than finding your way home, or missing knee-deep puddles! I love the fact that as soon as you get home it is over- as soon as it is over, you get home. No changing in the gym, driving or getting the bus home. A walk is a walk, is a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment