Sunday 19 August 2012

Heat

I have been resting, meditating, escaping from the heat. By body just can't cope with it. I feel physically drained. I tried a shower last week, thinking it might cool me down, but it didn't work very well... the cool option was excruciating, the warm option just made steam erupt from my body!
There are a few cooling breaths available to find on You Tube, Suzanne's is the one I use most.
Also water from the tap and most days at least once I am eatin ice cream. I don't do a large bowlful, or like a friend of mine a tubful (you know who you are!) I put a few spoonfuls in a tumbler, and just holding it cools me down to start with. The option I went for this evening, was ice cream in a mug topped up with raspberries from the freezer (frozen from the PYO  a couple of weeks ago).
I have been hiding in our front room, which avoids the sun until late afternoon, and then, thanks to the positioning of nearby properties, only has that for a couple of hours. So I've sat there knitting and resting,listening to audio books, meditating and doing a bit of more active yoga and basically avoiding the inevitable heat that the rest of the house and garden exudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment