Tuesday 31 July 2012

Finding Encouragement

I have been realising this week, how important trustworthy mentors can be on the road to recovery. Finding people who understand, or at the very least sympathise and support my plight can be difficult enough. Finding people who will encourage and help me on the recovery path is the next step. As I mentioned I read books and continue to do so. I have found websites and teachers who support my cause. 
Now that I am at the stage where i feel I want to leave the house a bit more, and meet different people who can help me in the different stages of my improvement. I want to create relationships which will stay with me for longer. By working through different concepts and building on my understanding of ME as  a physical illness I have a better idea of what might help. It was just what I needed when I found the Qi treatment option three weeks ago.
I could just continue as I am, YouTube yoga classes and slowly beginning to walk a bit further, find myself a little more strength and find a new motivation along side my daily routine. Keeping myself going throughout the week is difficult. I know I need something happening in my diary every week, or fortnight to give me inspiration, something that doesn't rely on me forcing it to happen. If I can't make muffins on a Wednesday because I am just so exhausted when I drag myself out of bed, then what am I going to do? I've started having a visit from a friend very week, who comes round for 30 minutes on a Monday evening and reads to me. We needed to keep in touch, her coming round for a chat was getting tiring as we wanted to talk so much and catch up that it went on too long! (i did love it though!) So 30 minutes every week is do-able and really nice to know it's there.
So where do I go from here? I have contacted an holistic therapist who works nearby, she offers various therapies including Yoga therapy and meditation classes, along with Reiki and Indian head massage, so I will be interested to find what she might be able to offer and discover some new ideas along the way.
Finding and choosing where to go and who to trust can be difficult, I know with builders and plumbers the best way to go is usually word-of-mouth, but I don't know anyone who has private therapy other than seeing a chiropodist for back pain, so am at a bit of  a loss. I have to stab in the dark and know that if they turn out to be untrustworthy, I can bad-mouth them to the rest of the district and leave them without patients for a long time! (my recent experience is not sitting very well, sorry to be sounding so cynical!)

No comments:

Post a Comment