Tuesday 6 November 2012

Yuck and Yum!

I've been given Antibiotics for an infection in my skin, glands and ear on the right side of my face. Yuck! Nice and puffy, red and sore, ear keeps popping, Yuck!

I've been "coping" for the last few days (the place is a mess!) and have just sorted hubbie's lunch for tomorrow. I managed to break up two thirds of a cauliflower and two mushrooms and added them to a frying pan which had two chopped up rashers of streaky bacon sizzling in garlic butter (I love that I can buy ready-prepared garlic butter in the supermarket!)
Once browned I added a couple of tablespoons of water and steamed with a lid on for 5 minutes, then it went into the oven, without the lid, for 15 minutes. Yum!
We cooked four jacket potatoes yesterday, so the last of them with cheese and some fruit to finish should suffice.
I really want to try this idea with walnuts instead of the bacon as walnuts are supposedly a great option to eat with cauliflower, but as nuts aren't allowed at OHs place of work, that will have to wait for another day.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment