Thursday 27 September 2012

Monthly Achievements September


Yes as the months pass by, the title of this gets longer!
So what have I achieved? Every week, at least once I am able to go for a walk. I love this, it is one of my dreams you may remember. Yesterday I put on my coat and went round the block, having a sit down with some ducks by the river half-way round and came home very pleased with myself. Possibly this was managed because I did no yoga and virtually now walking or standing around the house yesterday, but hey ho! It was certainly a very pleasant way to use my legs. I particularly loved the fact that it was really quiet. We had just had a torrential rain shower and everyone else appeared to be hiding! I usually go for a shorter walk and hadn't managed a full circuit for a couple of weeks, so this was extra special.

The idea of cooking with food from scratch has gone well. I'm using my imagination and cooking things really quickly. Tomorrow is pork escalopes, which might be under the grill, or with some apple in the oven. Every weekend I also get the mixer into action and make a cake to reawaken my love of baking. OH loves that too!

Creativity. I am amazed that ive actually spent probably four hours over about four days, sitting at the table, making Christmas cards. I've organised them with envelopes and plastic bags all ready for sale, possibly at the library and already on Folksy! Also started a bit of sewing again. I'm making the tiniest rabbit you can imagine sewing. The instructions say nothing about sizing up the pattern but suggest this is all manageable on a sewing machine. I am changing the way the ears fit on and really struggled with the legs. So am convinced this is not the case, so my husband is probably enlarging the pattern as I type (during his lunch break on the office photocopier(shhhh!))

No comments:

Post a Comment