Friday 27 December 2013

Seasons Greetings

Hey everyone! Happy Christmas!
Sorry I've been away for a while. It is odd writing a blog when so little changes from day to day.  Although I read last year's posts and realise how much I have changed, I have also changed very little! 
It is December 27th 2013, about eighteen months since I began writing for you all. I am currently spending most of my time in bed as I hurt myself during an Epileptic seizure four weeks ago and am recuperating. I've hurt my stomach muscles, which until now I didn't realise how much they support my every movement! Of course when it happened I thought, "no problem I'll be fine in a week" then thought, "no problem I'll be fine in another week" From the signs I'm getting now I'm thinking it might take well into the New Year and I have to look at the long term and realise I will need months of recuperation- there is no doubt I'll need to build up muscle again and slowly begin walking and gentle yoga so I don't crash again. I'm enjoying the thought of the first days of Spring in the garden, when I can start work on the flower beds and vegetable patch. Slowly, ten minutes at  a time as my energy comes back again, I'll really enjoy seeing a difference. As for now, just typing with the keyboard sitting next to my chest in bed is hurting too.
Right enough of the moaning, I feel like a broken record- I can't imagine what it's like to live with me! I think the best part of this Christmas was my brother-in-law ringing on Christmas morning and offering to set up a Face-Time with my sister and their family. I saw their decorations, saw that the children were playing with their presents and said "Merry Christmas" to the rest of their guests too. As we've had no energy or inclination to put any decorations up this year, it really made my day.
        We also have a friend staying at the moment and she has takien on a lot of the cooking and organisation. So I feel very lucky. Merry Christmas everyone, may your Holidays and New Year be lucky too.

No comments:

Post a Comment